Saturday 22 December 2012

WINTER WARMER


This Winter Warmer is a pleasant seasonal surprise in a whizz! This recipe serves two to three comfortably.  As a post-run fuel (after 8.5 miles) I thought I needed it all, but after consuming the Winter Warmer in one sitting, I can confirm it DEFINITELY needs to be shared.  I felt like I'd eaten a full dinner..and then some!

Ingredients:
3x Bananas
3x Broccoli florets
1x Avocado
1x Persimmon fruit
1x Lime
1/2 Orange Pepper
1/2 Cantaloupe Melon
60g Spinach
50g Kale
100ml Water
2x tsp Super Green Powder

Method: Add the broccoli florets, pepper, chopped bananas, powder, lime juice, water and chopped melon to the blender, then pulse on high until smooth.  Add the avocado, kale, spinach and scooped flesh from the persimmon fruit. Blend to a smooth consistency.

Freshly squeezed orange flesh can be used instead of lime if preferred.  I favour limes as they contain more punch of vitamins in comparison to orange and I like the zest they give!

Enjoy!

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments on nutrition for running here. I would like to hear about your favourite blends too! Luke